Sunday 19 August 2007

Our Last Family Day at the Cottage

Left to right-front-Sandra, Becky, Danica, Margie holding Jasper
Left to right-back-Gordon, Nick, John, Garth

Today we arrived at the cottage just before noon. The little church in the cottage area was just letting out and we passed Betty, Garth, Nick and Becky on our way.

We waited a while to get lunch ready as we were eating on the back deck and it was still in full sun so we ate around 1:00 p.m. I had brought a tuna sandwich as hot dogs are not on my list for reflux disease and since I woke up last night with acid coming up into my throat, I wasn't taking any chances. After lunch and clean up we sat around for a while on the back deck, then went down to the dock. Nick and Becky took the canoe out for a while.

Everyone leaving to return to Ottawa packed up around 3:30 p.m. We took our yearly family photo and then everyone was off. Gordon and I left right after the others and returned to the RV as I felt like I needed a nap.

I did read for a while and had a nap. I feel a little better. Our appointment to have the head of the bed raised is confirmed for Thursday and I'm hoping that it will make a difference in how I'm feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.