Sunday 1 November 2009

Sunday November 1, 2009-Beautiful Sunny Day!

Well, even if my deportation has caused us to be depressed, at least it's driven up my blog readership! No, I didn't do it on purpose!

When I got up this morning the sun was shining brightly and it was 5C (41F) so off I went on my walk. After breakfast Gordon and I took off to the Stony Swamp Trail. I've been there before but I can't remember being on the part of the trail where we were today. We saw all kinds of little creatures today but there were lots of people there. It's nice to see the trails being used but I sure wish people would be quieter. Noise scares away the creatures!

Stony Swamp trail

The trees are looking pretty bare

Red squirrel close-up

Female Hairy Woodpecker

All the ducks in a row


Beaver lodge

Red-breasted nuthatch

Bluejay

We had gotten pork tenderloin out of the freezer yesterday and it turned out to be four of them in a package so Gordon barbecued them all and we'll freeze some. It was yummy!

4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures....thanks for posting. also...I agree about some folks being too noisy on trails. I often wonder..how can they really be taking in the beauty and tranquility of it all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can get the issues with traveling across the border settled soon. We'll still be checking in on your blog to read your postings...and be waiting for the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:59 am

    Sorry about your traveling issues. I eally enjoy your blog.
    Also been wondering about Dave Thunder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos of the critters along the trail!
    Sure miss Blue Jays! Haven't seen them since Drumheller, BC last fall!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.