Friday 9 January 2009

After White Chili & Sightseeing

I woke up in the night last night with a bad bout of acid reflux. No more White Chili for me, should have gone for the Moose Nose Stew! I still felt yucky when I got up, kind of like I had a hangover (but since I didn't have any alcohol last night, that would be a stretech) but went out for my walk and met Ellie and the puppies when I was out. After breakfast I hit the mylanta and got ready to take Jim and Ellie around the area.

We spent about 2 hours out and about in the general area of the campground, Matagorda Bay, Indianola, Indianola Beach, Magnolia Beach and Indianola Cemetery. We didn't see a lot of birds probably due to the wind as it picked up today but at the Cemetery we did see a small flock of roseates and three sandhill cranes so I was glad we were able to show them something interesting.

Great egret in the marsh grass

Little blue heron hiding from the wind

Roseate spoonbills near the cemetery

Sandhill cranes near the cemetery

Shrimp boat in Matagorda Bay



This afternoon Ellie and Jim were going in to Port Lavaca to get some groceries so we stayed home. I read a bit and then had a long nap. Wish I could say I felt better!

We had temperatures around 79F (21C) today. Looks like that will be the last of the warm temperatures for the foreseeable future. Highs for the next couple of weeks look like 50s and 60s (10-18C). Bummer!

Gordon posted today, to read it, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your 50 and 60 temps...we are in the 40s with lows tonight in the 30s. I think it will get worse here before it warms up again??

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.