Thursday 14 February 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

When I got up at 7:00 a.m. it was already 55F (13C). I managed to do a couple of short runs this morning but I wasn't out long since we were leaving for Tucson this morning.

Just as we were leaving Hickiwan Trails RV Park, the manager came around and was giving each person a chocolate cupcake with a Hershey's kiss on top and each of the ladies a carnation for Valentine's Day. What a nice gesture! Since Gordon can't eat cupcakes, I got two!

We packed up and pulled out of Hickiwan Trails RV Park just before 10:00 a.m. after stopping at the convenience store to get ice to put down the toilet to hopefully get our readout panel working again. The drive was uneventful although we did have a crosswind. It was windy at Why last night but not bad this morning until we reached Justin's Diamond J around noon. The wind here seemed like gale force. Forget trying to wear a hat! We got set up except for the TV by about 1:30 p.m. It was too windy to set it up. It's touchy at the best of times.

Here's our site:

Here's part of our row. You can pick out our Titanium.

I missed this view while we were gone!

Doc Justin had told me when we were here in December that when we came back our price for the month would be $427 inclusive of taxes. When we arrived his wife, Christine, knocked $10 off that so $13.40/day (30 days) and no electric bill this time! Considering our expenses are already high this month due to truck service on the 1st, this will help! It's great to be back in Tucson!

After we got set up I walked over to see Ellie & Jim & the puppies and chatted with them for a while.

Then I came back and Gordon had to repoint the TV satellite as the wind had knocked it out. While I was out I found out that Nick & Nellie are here. They are the couple that had us over for drinks and food just before Christmas. They are leaving tomorrow so we walked across the golf course are to see them for a few minutes.

I was sitting here in the recliner on the computer and I could feel the desert calling to me so out we went for a walk, wind or no wind! Gordon took a couple of photos of me beside an old saguaro, probably 75-80 yrs old and a young one, probably 25-30 yrs old.


It was great to be back amongst all the cactus. It looked like there was going to be a nice sunset tonight so Gordon took off into the desert. I only went out a little way but got a nice photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.