Friday 24 July 2009

Friday July 24, 2009

Today was another day of some cloud, some sun and some rain.

I got to go for my walk this morning and after breakfast I got the bed changed and the laundry done.

Not much this afternoon, read some and around 3 p.m. we went out for a drive. I thought there was a Farmer's Market in the little town of Hawkestone but it doesn't start till next week. We stopped at the General Store in Hawkestone to get a loaf of bread and while there the power went out. When we got home the power was out here too so the gate into the park wouldn't work. Luckily our site is right inside the gate so we were able to park by the office and walk to the RV. It was raining a bit but we have no idea what happened with the power.

Since the power was out we decided to drive into Barrie. I had found a Taco Bell at the Georgian Mall so we headed there. Gordon had Taco Bell, I had Subway then we walked around the Mall then across the street to Walmart to pick up a few things before heading to Downtown Barrie and Heritage Park.

Loon on Lake Simcoe - A reader, Judy, has identified this as a double-crested cormorant, thanks Judy!

Kids running through the fountains in Heritage Park

Spirit Catcher Sculpture

We were home at 7:30 and the power was back on! Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. I think your bird picture is of a Double-crested Cormorant, not a loon. :) I enjoy your blog.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you try the Hawkestone farmer's market tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.
    BTW the Dynamite sticks at the Orillia farmers market are delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.