Saturday 14 July 2007

Sore Back, Reading and Potluck

Today was mostly cloudy with temperatures hovering around 21C (70F). We had a few sunny breaks here and there. I had to cut my walk short as I got a pain in my back between my shoulder blades (from doing arm circles) and couldn’t take a deep breath. I tried to work it out with our massage cushion. It helped a bit but didn’t cure it so wound up taking a muscle relaxant.

I was on Facebook this morning and saw that they have now added Morrisburg High School to the list of schools so I joined Classmates.com and saw a lot of names of people I knew way back when. I’ve sent out a couple of emails.

I slept most of the afternoon away thanks to the muscle relaxant. I did manage to read a few chapters in my book by Kathy Reichs. The weather wasn’t very nice anyway.

Just before 6:00 p.m. we headed over to the rec hall for the potluck. Since it was spitting rain on and off we expected it had been moved there instead of having it on the beach. It was another really good potluck with an excellent turnout and I ate far too much as usual!

I took the photo above a couple of evening ago. It’s of the Jock River off Cemetery Road near Carleton Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.