Wednesday 20 December 2006

Back to Rockport and Goose Island State Park


Sunrays taken through the windshield of the truck on our way from Rockport to Aransas Pass

This is one of the ferries that cross Redfish Bay between Port Aransas and Aransas Pass

I see this handsome fellow almost daily at Roberts Point Park and each day I take a picture of him. Who knows why? I can't help myself.

We had some wind for a while overnight but by the time I got up this morning it was gone as was the fog leaving cloudy conditions but 66F(19C).

My goal a couple of months ago was to reach 10,000 hits on my blog by the end of this year and it looks like I will reach that goal before that time as when I checked today I was at 9913.

Later this morning the sun came out and it was probably out all day here at Port Aransas but we decided to head over to the mainland. The pots and pans I’ve had were very cheap. I had bought them when we got our old Class C and they badly needed to be replaced so we headed to Rockport. Our first stop was Goose Island State Park. I was talking to a woman in the laundry room yesterday and she told me that Goose Island starts filling up after Christmas so it would be best if we made a reservation so we made reservations for a two week stay after we leave here, then Gordon dropped me at Walmart where I purchased my pots & pans and a few other items. While I was shopping he was out photographing birds along the waterfront. We made another stop at the Dollar Tree at Aransas Pass before crossing back to Port Aransas on the ferry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.