Monday 24 April 2006

Our Last Day In Columbus, Maybe?


Columbus Skyline from Genoa Park overlooking the Scioto River

More Columbus Skyline

This morning Gordon left early to go into Columbus to have the truck serviced for his 8:00 a.m. appointment. I got up and did my daily routine and then prepared chicken cacciatore for our road trip over the next couple of days.

I read and napped for a while. Gordon got home around 11:00 a.m. He had stopped to see Michelle and the girls on his way back and told them we probably wouldn’t see them again until we’re back next year.

When I was cooking this morning, I realized I need a deeper pan for making things like chicken cacciatore as I keep spilling the sauce all over the stove so I decided after lunch I would go out to Meijer (a mid-west department store) and see what I could find. I haven’t been in a Meijer all winter. So I took off around 1:00 p.m. and found a nice sauté pan with deep sides and a glass cover. Hope I can find a place to put it now. I also got some necco wafers for my wonderful husband. For those of you that don’t know they are discs of pure sugar and come in a roll.

On my way back as I neared the intersection of US40 I saw that there was an accident blocking the westbound lanes so I couldn’t make a right hand turn so decided to go left rather than go straight and try to find a way back to the RV park. Instead I headed to the mall at the corner of SR40 and I-270. I thought I had made a wrong turn and wound up in one of the old malls in Syracuse. They had a Sears and Macy’s and some small stores but most of the stores were closed and there were maybe two people (including myself) walking in the mall. Eerie! I didn’t find anything I liked better than my money so headed home. The accident was cleared up and it was clear sailing so I got back around 3:50 p.m. in time to walk and feed Bib.

On our way back to Ontario we had planned to visit a photographer friend of Gordon’s. They lived in Montgomery, Alabama last year and we visited them there. This time, they have invited us to bring Big Harv and park in their driveway so we will be staying with them, probably arriving Thursday or Friday. Our plan is to cross the border on Monday, May 1st and I have booked an appointment for Bib with the groomer that he likes in Gananoque on Wednesday afternoon. Nothing definite on where we'll be staying but probably Rideau Acres at Kingston, it's a Passport America park.

Tomorrow’s forecast looks somewhat rainy but as we head north although it gets colder, it’s not supposed to rain for the whole day so hopefully we’ll get on the road. Our plan is to take two days to get to Clinton, NY.

Tonight after dinner and getting the dishes done, we drove to downtown Columbus and took some photos. I didn’t get too many as my camera doesn’t work well after dark but I did get some at dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.