Friday, 10 March 2006

Tombstone and Boot Hill

Today dawned party cloudy about 40F and windy. Our plan for the day had been to return to Tombstone so we left here shortly after 11:00 a.m. and headed out. It’s about a 35 minute drive from here. First stop was Boot Hill. I took a photo of the sign for posterity and also because my friend, Lynn’s husband was always called Boot (last name Hill of course). Interesting that I should finally get to see the place.

We then headed into town and I looked in all the shops on the main street but didn’t buy anything. Another case of not seeing anything I liked better than my money. Living in an RV doesn’t give you much room for buying knickknacks which is good for the budget.

Gordon had planned to go to the shootout at the OK Corral but as it was clouding up and very windy he decided not to go so we left downtown about 1:30 p.m. Gordon said he was hungry so on the way in to Tombstone I had noticed a restaurant that served breakfast all day so we stopped at The Top of the Hill and had breakfast. Again good breakfast, d├ęcor lacking. The building was quite different, the dining area that we were in was actually triangular.

We arrived home just before 3:30 p.m. in time to feed my pooch who was very glad to see us. We had decided to leave him at home so I would be more relaxed about looking around the town. I don’t like leaving him in the truck if it’s sunny even if it’s cool outside. It gets too hot in the truck. I don’t think it bothers the dog as much as it bothers me.

I mentioned when we arrived at this park that there was a motorhome behind us that housed five mastiffs and two adults. Yesterday afternoon the male adult happened to be outside with the female mastiff, so here’s the photo of the dog. I left the car in the background so you could get some idea of her size – 230 lb.!

Since it looks like we’re going to have some less than perfect weather on Sunday, we may stay here an extra few days. It’s supposed to clear up by Wednesday. The forecast is for possible snow at 4500 ft. and our route through the mountains to Las Cruces, NM goes over 4500 ft. so with the wind forecast and possibility of rain/snow, we’ll probably stay put. We have to check with the office to be sure there’s room for us but there are tons of other RV campgrounds around. I’m sure if needed, we could find a space elsewhere in the area.

Today's remaining photos were taken in Tombstone today.

Looks like a typical evening of TV and internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.