Wednesday 6 January 2010

Wednesday January 6, 2009-Funeral

It was warmer this morning. The wind chill was only -13C (8F) and no snow flurries so I was able to get out for my walk. The snow was kind of mushy to walk on and a lot of it stuck to my ice grippers but it's nice to have a couple of mornings where it's fairly mild.

Today was the funeral of our family friend who passed away on December 30th so Gordon and I arrived at the church early as I wanted to see the flowers that we had sent and get a photo of them for my sisters who weren't able to go. It was a nice service. Cassie had picked out the hymns that she wanted and in fact her funeral had been planned and paid for many years ago. She was organized!

We left immediately after the service as we had to be home for the dog walker so didn't see anyone we knew. Apparently her only close living relative, her nephew, was unable to come to the service. The minister mentioned he couldn't attend but didn't say why.

Now, I'm tired. I'm not sure why but I'm very tired.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your friend's death. It is sad when there are few or no family members left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. So sad when a person has so few relatives. At least you were a good friend. You're probably tired from mental anguish, sorrow and relief that it is over. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.