Thursday 3 September 2009

Thursday September 3, 2009-Hanging Around the Campground

I was tired when I woke up this morning. Two nights of not very good sleep doesn't help. I went on my morning walk anyway since I hadn't gone for the last two mornings.

After breakfast I went in to town to get some groceries. I also drove out to a grocery that I've only been to once before as they have really good steaks that are fairly inexpensive. We don't eat much red meat but I thought I'd buy us a few as a treat.

Yesterday Betty had suggested that I come to the cottage today but I was just too tired so I called her and told her I'd see her another day. Our days here are winding down however. A week from today we'll be on our way back to Ottawa.

The maintenance guy was mowing around the RV today but he doesn't get really close to it so I asked if I could borrow his lawnmower when he was finished. He even moved the picnic table for me so I could mow. Now things look much better.

I spent the afternoon either sitting out in my lawnchair or napping and reading inside. It was a great day!

This was our site until we got neighbours late this afternoon

Some wildflowers down by the river

A river view


For Gordon's update, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Bottle up some of that serene glass like river view and save it for the winter! Like you say it is only for a little while and it will be all over, but enjoy it for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so relaxing! What a life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.