Saturday 29 August 2009

Saturday August 29, 2009-Around Home

I woke up last night to a beep, beep, beep and finally realized that it was my new watch. It has so many buttons on it I have no idea what they are all for. I usually wear it to bed as it has the indiglo light but apparently I had slept on it and somehow got an alarm turned on. I thought I turned it off only to be awakened a few moments later with the beep, beep, beep. Again I thought I turned it off but it happened again. During one of the beep sessions, Gordon decided to get up. Eventually I had to look for the instructions to see how to turn it off. Guess I'll have to take it off at night.

About the same time the rain started to fall however it stopped long enough this morning for me to go for my walk then started again. We didn't get as much rain as I thought we would as it was coming up from the US and going north east of us and by late afternoon we actually had some sun.

I was having my afternoon nap when there was a knock on the door. Gordon went to answer it and it was a fan of his from pbase.com who had driven up from Syracuse, NY to see the area. She's looking for somewhere to come next summer and had seen his photos and thought this was a beautiful spot.

This morning I got vacuuming and floor washing out of the way but didn't do much else today other than read and spend time on the computer.

Since the sun came out around 4:30, Gordon and I went out for a walk around the park and I got to take some photos. I thought I wasn't going to have any photos this weekend as it's supposed to rain for two days. It's nice to get a sunny reprieve.

You can tell it's the weekend

A tent is invading our space for the first time - in fact now there's two tents

The green fishing shack across the river

Kids fishing in the Scugog River

Red-wing blackbird

Water lily

Huge lily pads

Lots of boats at the boat slips

Little girl sloshing around in the mud puddle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.