Sunday 7 June 2009

Sunday June 7, 2009

Today was cloudy and we got rain in the afternoon. Our high was this morning at 13C (55F). It went downhill from there until late afternoon when we got some sun and the temperature got up to 14C (57F).

After breakfast and some computering, I got ready and went into Kanata (western Ottawa suburb) to meet up with some ladies I worked with at Nortel and have kept in touch with.

I got there first, of course, being a good Virgo I'm always early and I had even stopped at Home Depot and Walmart on the way. Nancy arrived shortly after and since the restaurant wasn't open yet we went to Payless where she purchased two pairs of shoes in about five minutes.

When the restaurant opened we went in and shortly after we were joined by Sylvia. I haven't seen Sylvia for about 9 years. We both worked at Nortel's Carling Campus and then I moved to their Corkstown Campus in 2000 so it was 1999 when I last saw her. She looks great!

Left to right - Sylvia, Me, Nancy, Cheryl

We had ordered our lunch when Cheryl arrived. The only one missing was Sandy but her Mom is in the hospital so we weren't sure that she would make it.

We were there for a couple of hours. I had a salad with a filet of salmon on top. It was yummy and had no tomatoes or cheese so the only thing I couldn't eat were the mandarin oranges.

When I got home, I read for a bit then back on the computer where I chatted with Dee for a while. Today is her birthday - Happy Birthday, Dee!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice way to spend a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.