Tuesday 31 March 2009

Getting Things Done

Morning-64F (18C)
Afternoon-76F (24C)

It was cloudy and somewhat humid at 7:30 a.m. The humidity got worse during the day and we turned on the air conditioner this afternoon. We didn't have rain this morning but it was cloudy. I went and had another look at the alligator/log this morning. The more I look at it the more I think it's a log but I'm not about to get any closer to find out.

This is our very own campground egret (or one of them), they're such a beautiful, graceful bird.


I was on the internet this morning and Karon of Discovery Travelers popped up on Yahoo chat. It was great to talk to her. I finally met her this winter when she came to see Ellie and Jim when we were at Powderhorn Lake RV Park & Marina. Unfortunately I had to cut this morning's chat short as I wanted to get laundry done this morning. I like to have these things tidied up to be ready for travel. I was back with the laundry about 12:30 p.m.

We had a quiet afternoon and even had a nap! Gordon got the tanks dumped and then we went to the rookery for one last trip before pulling out tomorrow. While there we had dinner at Taco Bell, picked up some groceries at Walmart and fueled up.

The rookery

Wood ducks in the swamp - aren't they pretty?


So, tomorrow we start our trek north!

3 comments:

  1. That a gator, Sandra. It just has that shape.
    Lovely pictures, as usual. Thanks.
    Have a safe trip. Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel safely! Its still kind of cool up here in Missouri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:02 pm

    I've been following your blog for a couple of days. I was looking for information on the rookery and found your site. I live in Baton Rouge and had no idea this place was so near. When I saw your picture of the woodduck, I almost had a fit. Was that taken at the rookery? We went there today and intend on going back with our RV next week. Your husband's pictures are gorgeous.

    Diane Berthelot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.