Tuesday 24 February 2009

Our Last Day at Mustang Island State Park

I awoke to beautiful, sunny skies and a light breeze with a temperature of 62F (17C). Since it's about a 10 minute walk to the beach so I decided to drive over this morning so I could have more beach time. I try to limit my walk to 1/2 hour as that's how long I wait to eat breakfast after taking my pill in the morning but if you walk to the beach and back it really cuts into that time which is why I'm often out 50 minutes or more.

I think this is called a beach onion

There was lots of beach foam around this morning

Gordon decided to go too and get some photos. I got a really great photo of a jelly fish. Usually by the time they hit the beach they look like a blob but this one was still in fish formation.

I sat outside and read this morning and this afternoon since it's our last day here we decided to do a tour of the area. We first stopped at Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center and finally saw an alligator there. He's a big one too! We also saw a cute little turtle who posed on his log and looked up at us.


We stopped at the library again as Gordon wanted to see if he was given credit for the photo on the front of the phone book and he was given credit!

From there we got on the ferry and went to Rockport and to Goose Island State Park for one last time this year. We've had a great time in this area as usual but we're happy to be moving on tomorrow!

Lots of redwing blackbirds in the bird feeding area at Goose Island today


When we got back to the RV park this Super C was getting ready to move in next to us.

We had a sunny high of 75F (24C) today. It was one of the nicest days we've had since we've been here at Mustang Island.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Gordon!!! I hope you got a phone book for your collection. Man that is a real feather in the hat...Hope you have a good trip and a safe one!!

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures, Sandra and Gordon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss your beach pics..but you will have other great shots I'm sure. I really look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.