Saturday 17 January 2009

Another Road Trip

I woke up to 52F (11C) under partly sunny skies and no wind. We were supposed to have rain today but it didn't happen. My walk was uneventful except when I came around one corner there was a dog sitting in the middle of the road. I put my gloves on as you can never tell what a dog's reaction will be but it was the same dog that walked with Ellie and I the other day so I started talking to him and he ran to me wagging his tail, then his buddy joined him also wagging his tail and they both took off to play and ignored me. I'm sure glad because I wasn't looking forward to two dogs following me back to the campground.

Most of the morning was spent on the internet, then I decided to do a load of laundry. On one of my trips from the RV to the laundry room I met Jim out taking photos. He wanted to know if we were going to see the local fishing villages and I said that we thought tomorrow afternoon was supposed to be nice and sunny. Unfortunately there is championship football on tomorrow afternoon so we decided to go today even though we had some cloud, some sun.

Off we went, first to Seadrift where we took some photos. Seadrift has a couple of Easter Island type sculptures. Here's one of them.

Feeding frenzy at Seadrift Harbour

White among the brown

Shrimpers

A Seadrift house across from the park on San Antonio Bay

Then to Port O'Connor where we took more photos.

On our way back we stopped at the Bird Refuge. There were a few birds out but didn't take many photos there.

A fishing boat at Port O'Connor Harbour


This pretty great egret was hanging around a guy who was netting bait fish

It appears we have a problem with out windows in the truck. The only one that can operate the windows is Gordon from the driver's seat. None of the other switches work. Oh, for roll down windows!

Today's high was 72F (22C) and it promises to be quite warm overnight. Looks like the next few days will be fairly warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.