Tuesday 7 October 2008

Lazy and Laundry

It was bright and beautiful today, a perfect Fall day. We reached 14C (58F) but it was cold this morning for my walk. I decided to walk along the main road as it is in sunshine while the side road has a lot of shade. I don't like walking on the main road as the shoulder is narrow and slants toward the ditch so when cars go by there isn't a very good place to walk. That's why I usually walk on the side road.

This morning after breakfast I was trying to get the urge to go and do laundry when Gordon went into the bedroom for a nap. Oh well, no laundry as that's where I usually get the laundry ready and I had to take the things off the bed. So I lay down to read and had a nap too.

Gordon was already up when I woke up so I immediately began getting the laundry ready as the rest of the week is busy except for Thursday and I don't like going to the laundromat on the weekend.

When I got there the Managers were both there doing their yearly maintenance. They take all the washers and dryers apart and clean and oil them, preventative maintenance they call it. I think I've mentioned before that this laundromat is very clean and well run. That is just an example.

After that I stopped at our local Giant Tiger (Canadian department store) which includes clothes, food and miscellaneous other things. I managed to get everything on my list except for water but we still have a couple of jugs so I'll get that another day as I wanted to get home. Doing laundry at a laundromat wears me out for some reason.

I joined a few groups on Facebook today that involve Rving. There are quite a few of them like Fulltime Rving Traveling the USA and Canada, Fulltime Rving, Rving and Camping and I'm sure there are others that I haven't found yet.

I didn't use my camera at all today so I borrowed one of Gordon's geese photos for my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read you journal the temp. goes down. I bet it is nice walking in the cooler climate. I need to walk but by the time I get home from work and fix dinner and clean everything up it is time to set down and relax after a hard day at work. I know you are saying that is not a good excuse...but it is the only one I have. LOL

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.