Friday 21 March 2008

Happy Easter Weekend Everyone!

We were supposed to be packing up to leave Tucson today instead I found myself out wandering the desert trails at 7:30 this morning. On my way back Doug and JoAnn were just leaving to go over to La Mesa to help Ellie and Jim move into their new digs - a brand new Phaeton motorhome so I stopped to chat with them and let them know I'd be over to help as soon as the office opened so I could pay for another week.

I went over to the office and Doc was there so we got our weekly rent paid then I was off to La Mesa. By the time I got there they had the Bounder mostly cleaned out and were about to have lunch which JoAnn had so kindly provided. She had made Linda Payne's Taco Soup which was delicious, there was fresh fruit and her chocolate pie for desert. I'm never one to turn down chocolate pie! JoAnn is a wonderful cook. I sure wish I enjoyed it as much as she does!

After lunch I started to clean out the refrigerator and freezer in the Bounder with Ellie's help as that was the last thing to do. When the food had been transferred, I got their bed cleaned off and stuff put into the cupboards. Good luck finding stuff guys! When I left they were waiting for someone to come and fix something on one of the outside compartments and then they were ready to return to Justin's Diamond J.

I didn't take any photos of the new Phaeton as I thought Ellie should be the one to post the first photos of their new home. I actually took very few photos today so this will be a posting with no photos - a rarity lately.

I stopped on my way home to pick up some eggs and a couple of other things and they actually beat me back. The rest of the afternoon was spent trying to solve this month's Where Are You contest. Even though they tell you its in Shanghai, I still haven't been able to come up with the answer. My sister called today wondering if I had been able to solve it. NO!!

After that, a nap was in order. Another day in the life of a fulltime rver!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:06 pm

    TACO Soup? Oh Boy...where can I get Linda's recipe?

    Your photos are wonderful!

    Dennise and Paul Ziaja
    Fulltiming but stuck in
    Weslaco for medical stuff...talk about hitch itch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.