Wednesday 20 February 2008

Getting Things Done and a Hike

It was sunny when I got up, turned to mostly cloudy and then sunny again later this afternoon and now it's supposed to cloud up and possibly rain overnight. It was still a pretty nice day at a high of 67F (19C).

This is Kitt Peak taken on my morning desert walk.

Here's the Blue Bird bus that people on rv-dreams chat wanted to see.


This morning we changed the bed and I got the laundry ready. Now that the park is mostly full, the laundry room is very busy however I went over just after lunch and lucked out. Someone was just leaving so I had the machines to myself. A couple of hours later I was back at the RV putting clothes away.

I lay down to read and realized I felt like getting out and doing something so we piled in the truck and went over to Tucson Mountain Park. We started out on a trail then Gordon decided that there might be clouds over at Golden Gate Pass so away we went. They weren't what he hoped for so we came back and walked part of the Brown Mountain Trail in Tucson Mountain Park. There is a trail off Brown Mountain trail that goes around Brown Mountain called the Cougar Trail. We met a lady on the trail who was saying how beautiful it is. Don't know if I'll be able to walk that far though. Then we drove over to Saguaro National Park and walked around the visitor center although by this time it was closed. We got home around 6:30 p.m.

This is a better example of a dead palo verde tree after 'nursing' the saguaro.


I saw this curvy saguaro at the Saguaro NP Visitor Center


While we were at the Brown Mountain trailhead we met another couple from Ottawa who are staying at Gilbert Ray Campground which is a campground with only electricity as far as I recall. For $20/night, I'll stay where I am!

Tonight there was a full moon and it was a beauty! The eclipse was supposed to occur here at about 6:45 p.m.

The eclipse is just starting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.