Tuesday 22 January 2008

Laundry and A Trail Walk

Another walk to start my day. There's another trail within the park that starts out near where the camp hosts are parked and eventually puts you into a wash which comes around by where our 5er AKA fifth wheel is parked so I walked around the park first then did the trail and cut across the desert to get back to our RV.

This morning's clouds

Walking in the wash

There was no getting out of it, today was laundry day so I was packed up and on my way by about 10:30 a.m. and back around 12:30 a.m. One dryer I had didn't dry as well as the others so I hung the stuff outside for a while when I got back. Another mundane task overwith. It's been two weeks since I did laundry so couldn't put it off much longer. Luckily we have lots of underwear and socks.

After putting it all away and getting the bed remade, I sat outside for about 1/2 hour as it was a beautiful day, then decided I wanted a nap so came inside and succumbed to a nice sleep with the window open just a crack.

When I woke up I asked Gordon if he wanted to walk the other end of the Blevins trail that we started on Sunday so away we went. We met a bunch of guys on mountain bikes trying to bike up a rocky hill, only one of them made it on the bike without putting his foot down. Here's a photo of a couple of them in the parking lot on the way back with their bikes loaded. We also walked for a very short distance on the Moon Rock Trail before returning to the truck on the Blevins Trail.



The Blevins Trail

Picnic ramada
Me in another wash off the Blevins Trail

Looks like we're in for some weather over the next few days. We're supposed to have some rain on Thursday when we have to move. Not our favorite thing to do in the rain but here we have no choice. We have to either move sites or move out and we need to dump the tanks after two weeks. The thought right now is that we'll stay for another two weeks if we can. We have to stay at least one week for my dental appointment and Gordon is having fun here and I enjoy it too so why not? We don't have to be anywhere at any particular time and have a good two months before we have to start heading back to the land of ice and snow!

Here's a photo from tonight's sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.