Monday 22 October 2007

Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario)

Today I was up before the sun came up to get ready for our day at Niagara-on-the-Lake. Betty and Garth were staying at my friend's B&B called 40 The Promenade. I hadn't seen Sue since she retired from Nortel so it was great to see her again. Here we are pictured below:


Betty & Garth had come from Toronto yesterday to go to the Shaw Festival Theatre. We arrived about 10:30 a.m. and had coffee with Sue. We left our truck parked in her driveway, thanks Sue and drove downtown with Betty & Garth. They dropped us at a restaurant that actually sold gluten free food for lunch called the Irish Tea Room where we had a very expensive lunch for what we got but at least it was gluten free!

After lunch Gordon went to see Fort George, Garth went to buy a paper and to find a place to read it and Betty and I did the shops on the main street. I didn't buy anything finding most things overpriced and also because I have no room. It's a very interesting touristy town with beautiful homes and landscaping.

Here are some photos of Betty and I when we were out shopping. Note the 'hand' I'm sitting on. I also took a photo of the beautiful sinks in the ladies room at the Prince of Wales Hotel.




We met up just around 3:00 p.m. at The Prince of Wales Hotel and then Betty drove around to show us the town. We had been there before but had only driven down the main street. Then she took us back to pick up the truck and we parted ways until we see them next summer.

The plan had been to possibly go to see the Falls for twilight photos but we were both tired and my back wasn't interested in doing any more walking so we came home.

Today was like summer, 25C (77F), bright and sunny but things are taking a turn for the worse tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.