Wednesday 17 January 2007

Still Cold But Not as Nasty!

I stayed in bed until 9:00 a.m. today as it was warm and cozy. When I got up it was 32F (0C) and cloudy but very little wind so I walked over to the wooded area of the campground. On my way back I saw a roseate spoonbill flying overhead, very evident by its pink wings. Two egrets were also flying over and I saw a couple of herons at the viewing area so hopefully the birds are coming back. We had some snow or sneet (as I like to call it) last night. Not nice! It’s supposed to be at least warm here but is very much below the normal temperature for the area for this time of year.

This afternoon we went into Rockport to do the laundry. It was way past due. The closest laundry is not wonderful. A lot of the washers and dryers were out of order and some of the washers tops were so rusty they came right off the machine but I persevered and got it done. We looked around at a couple of other campgrounds but didn’t see anything that would suit us.

The high today was only 39F (4C) but it’s supposed to get warmer from now on.

Photo today was taken of the water drops on the plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.