Thursday 18 January 2007

In the Pink!

Wow! A Roseate Spoonbill!!!!!

It was 38F (3C), cloudy and drizzly when I set out this morning but I was determined! As I was crossing the bridge by the boat dock I looked into the marsh at the viewing area and lo and behold – A Roseate Spoonbill! This is the first closeup I’ve seen on our trip although Port Aransas claims to be the Roseate Spoonbill capital. We did see some from afar but nothing that either of our cameras would reach. I called Gordon (lucky I took my phone) and he ran down and got some really good photos. They are a really pretty and interesting looking bird. See his photos at Gordon’s latest photos.

Just before lunch I decided to go into Rockport by myself. I haven’t done it before as I have a fear of crossing bridges and to get to Rockport there is a fairly lengthy causeway and a bridge that separates Aransas Bay from Copano Bay. So I decided to suck it up and go and as usual with phobias, it wasn’t as bad as expected. Traffic was light. I did some shopping and had my Asian salad at McDonald’s for lunch, picked up some groceries and got home around 4:00 p.m.

Did I happen to mention we saw a Roseate Spoonbill today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.