Monday 10 July 2006

A Drive Down Memory Lane

We were supposed to have a severe thunderstorm today but as of 7:30 p.m. although we saw a huge thunderhead, pictured to the left, it hasn’t resulted in the forecasted thunderstorm.

This morning again I sat outside and read. Gordon got good news. Upper Canada Village are going to let him sell the photos that he takes there so he decided at around 11:00 a.m. to go over for a couple of hours since today is our last day in the area. When he got back, we went for a drive from the campground north through the country coming out at Bouck’s Hill and through Williamsburg and saw the farmhouse where I lived until I was 17 years old. It is in quite a state of disrepair so I didn’t take any photos of it.

When I bought my second condo in 1988, the farm house was up for sale for the same price that I paid for the condo. The only problem was I would have to drive 50 miles to and from work if I bought the farm house. It’s also 7 bedrooms and would have cost a fortune to heat but it was a beautiful house at one time.

We continued on through Dundela, home of the Macintosh apple, Dixon’s Corners and into Iroquois, then we drove north of Iroquois to try to find the house where my brother-in-law, John grew up. We did manage to find it. His brother and sister-in-law live there now but I think they are in Holland right now. From there we headed back to the RV thinking that we were going to get caught in the middle of the storm but as noted above – no storm.

So tomorrow, we head to Tranquil Acres at Carleton Place for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.