Saturday 8 April 2006

Our Last Day In Branson




The Neon Lights of Branson

The Titanic

More Branson Neon Lights

Dicks 5 & 10 Downtown Branson

We had another slow morning and after lunch and a movie I was watching we went into downtown Branson and went to Dicks 5 & 10 store. What a flashback! They had kaleidoscopes, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys & Bobbsey Twins books, horehound, imagine! I haven’t had horehound since Grandma Whitteker died 40 years ago! Very interesting store but packed with stuff and people and very narrow aisles. After that I walked around the shops on the main street while David took some photos.

Then we drove out to the glitzy area and I went into a Craft Mall much like the one in Bells Corners. Didn’t see anything I needed or wanted so we came back to the RV and started to get things ready to go for tomorrow.

When I got back I called my younger sister as I hadn’t heard from her in a while. There is lots of news at her house but because some people don’t know yet, I can’t publish anything.

We had decided earlier in the day that we would go into Branson to Taco Bell for dinner and then take some photos of the neon of Branson so we left around 7:00 p.m., had dinner and then took a bunch of photos of the neon lights. We got back about 9:00 p.m. so now it’s time to get things organized and get some sleep. Tomorrow’s a long day!

Our plans are to get as far as Mulberry Grove, IL so we will make it to Ohio by Tuesday.

If I don’t publish my blog tomorrow night it’s because we decided since we’re just overnighting, we wouldn’t hook up the internet satellite. We’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.