Thursday 30 March 2006

We Take in the Sights of Santa Fe

Sandra sitting on a bench in the Plaza park (photo taken by Gordon with his Canon 20D)

Sandra beside adobe structure (photo taken by Gordon with his Canon 20D)

Downtown Santa Fe Southwestern Architecture

Indian Marketplace at the Plaza

Downtown Santa Fe

Bib on the boardwalk at Pecos National Historical Park

Today we got ourselves together fairly early and were on the road to Santa Fe at about 8:50 a.m. We stopped at Visitor Information and he gave us a route to drive through the mountains however we wound up driving to The Plaza in downtown Santa Fe. We parked the truck leaving poor Bib to fend for himself and then went our separate ways deciding to meet back at the truck in two hours. It was fairly cool, about 48F and we covered the front window of the truck so with his rawhide and water, Bib was okay.

I walked around the downtown area and took some photos and went in a few shops but only bought a Route 66 keychain to hang on my purse. I’ve been looking for something and Route 66 has always fascinated me since I was a kid. It even says “Gettin’ your kicks on Route 66”.

At about 11:50 a.m. I started to get hungry and was eyeing a fajita cart on the corner of the Plaza. Instead I phoned Gordon and he was hungry too so we met up at the Plaza and had lunch at the Plaza CafĂ©. It was almost full when we arrived at noon, only one table left after we were seated. We left at about 12:20 p.m. and there were people waiting. The food was good, I wouldn’t say exceptional but my taco soup was very good. I also had a turkey burger. Gordon had the enchiladas and he said they were really good. We got back to the parking lot at about 12:25 p.m. and Bib was very happy to see us.

From there we headed to the Pecos National Historical Park at Pecos, NM, about 20 miles southeast of Santa Fe. Gordon did the hike to see ruins of a pueblo and a mission and Bib and I went for a little walk on one of the trails, his photo above and then just relaxed in the truck waiting for him to come back. It was quite a hike especially with all the wind.

We headed home then arriving back at the RV close to 4:00 p.m.

Santa Fe was quite interesting. I liked the Plaza area, lots of shops to see, but unfortunately not enough time. It didn’t get higher than 50F in Santa Fe but as we got back near Albuquerque it got to about 63F. Tomorrow’s supposed to be warmer so maybe we’ll go to Old Town.

Since we had a big lunch, I don’t have to cook tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.