Friday 10 September 2010

Friday September 10-Monday September 13, 2010

Friday

I thought it was supposed to be raining this morning but the sun was out although a bit chilly. I went for a long walk despite the aches and pains I have that started a couple of days ago. This is over and above the shoulder problem. My body definitely knew a birthday was coming up!

I did some cleaning this morning. When I looked outside someone had put a big red bow on the door of our neighbour's house. Our new neighbour was to move in today. There were balloons and things tied to the porch as well.

Around noon I decided to make some cookies. I've had a sugar craving so this probably wasn't a good idea but I made some gluten free peanut butter cookies anyway using Nancy's recipe and gluten free flour. They turned out very well and aren't all that difficult to do.


While I was baking cookies the neighbour arrived with, I think, her Father. I guess it was her Dad that put the bows and balloons around the house. She came carrying a vacuum cleaner and later went back to her van for bucket, mop and cleaning supplies. That's always a good sign. She's quite young, 20s or 30s. She also has a child but I didn't see him/her yet.

Saturday

Today was an absolutely beautiful early Fall day. After my morning walk and breakfast Gordon said he wanted to drive to the Baxter Conservation Area. It was a beautiful day for a drive.

We parked, paid our money and started out on the hiking trails. We haven't done any trails this summer due to the heat and my eye surgery so it was so nice to get back to it.

Here are some things I spied with my little eye.....












On our return we had a late lunch and then a nap.

Sunday

I had taken a muscle relaxant last night as everything was hurting so I slept about 12 1/2 hours. Even for me, that's a lot!

Although it was cloudy with the threat of rain, I started out for my walk but developed a new pain so made it a short one.

I spent the day with my book.

Monday

More rain but we did get some sun in between showers.

I put a loaf of bread in the breadmaker then headed out to do some errands this morning. When I got back I made some stew. It seems like stew weather! Then I coloured my hair. I'd been toying with letting it go gray but after I got a haircut today, I decided not to.

Tonight we decided to go out for our birthdays. We wound up at Chuckles Jack. It's in the same building as the Comfort Inn but they aren't affiliated.


We were celebrating our two birthdays. Mine was last Thursday and Gordon's is this Thursday.

The restaurant was very accommodating. I had the Jambalaya (Cajun style) and he removed the tomatoes. Everything is cooked from scratch. It was very spicy so I've taken some Divol tonight!

It was a good night, a nice restaurant on the water and I expect we'll be back. I like restaurants that accommodate our food problems.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:51 am

    Great pictures and peanut butter cookies are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so glad you are posting you *walk photos* again!~ You take such good shots! Love the one of the bee in the flower. How cute!

    Those cookies look pretty ding danged good too----

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.