Saturday 23 January 2010

Saturday January 23, 2010-Morning walk

It was a bright beautiful sunny morning so I had a nice walk along the Trans Canada Trail. I started out going west toward Stittsville (western Ottawa suburb) but not as many people walk on that part of the trail in the winter so it wasn't nice walking. I turned around and headed east which is the way I usually go and it was much better as the snow is packed down.

Going west on the Trans Canada Trail

And then east



Nancy left today on a week's vacation on the Mayan Riviera so we're house and dog sitting this week.

Poor Max is lost without her. He keeps looking at the door that goes to the garage waiting for her to come home.

This afternoon I decided I'd better go out and pick up some groceries, freezing rain forecast for tomorrow so we'll stay housebound. No point going out in that unless you have to.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there walking with you. (No, I don't really want to be in that cold!)
    I would walk around here, but there seem to be stray dogs which aren't friendy, so I wouldn't want to walk by myself.
    It does look like a pretty place for postcards, but I can see why you prefer to come south.
    Oh, poor Max, he just doesn't understand. Please give him a hug from me.
    Lovely pictures, as usual. Thanks.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    Just catching up on all your posts, including your yearly wrap-up for 2009. I am surmising that you are still waiting for forms to be returned to see how your case is going. Are you and Gord going anywhere south that does not involve the US?

    Poor little Max. I always feel huge pangs of guilt when we leave our beasties behind, because I know a week is forever in their minds.

    I'm glad Ottawa is also enjoying a milder winter. If you're going to be stuck here, at least it's not as unpleasant as it might have been.

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.