Tuesday 2 June 2009

Tuesday June 2, 2009

It was cloudy and chilly this morning 7C (45F) but no rain in the immediate forecast.

After breakfast I took the laundry in to Carleton Place and when it was done I went to several different stores for some groceries arriving home around 1:30 p.m.

Gordon ordered our new tires for the truck today so they will get put on sometime this week.

We had both cloud and sun today and it warmed up quite a bit to around 19C (66F). That temperature I can live with. I prefer it to being really hot and humid.

After putting the groceries and the clean clothes away, I lay down to read and fell asleep for a short time. I knew I had to get up to get dinner on the stove and I wanted to make a 'from scratch' cornbread since I have gluten free all purpose flour. It turned out good although I prefer the one from the mix as it doesn't contain flower and isn't as heavy.

Before dinner, I took a walk around the park and took some photos.

Mountain Bluet

Sparrow on the gate

Pretty pink flower with a bug on it

Staring match with the chipmunk

Rhubarb gone to seed

Bee on a flower

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures from your park.
    A lot of people wouldn't even notice these marvels of nature. I love to see them.
    Have you named your little friend the chipmonk, he/she is so cute. Probably waiting for a handout.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to learn how to take pictures..HE HE mine look so sad up against yours. Oh well you get the idea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.