Thursday 14 May 2009

Yay!

I was up early again this morning. Rain was in the forecast so I did my walk around the park. I was only out about 15 minutes when it started to sprinkle so I came in and started to get ready for another doctor's appointment.

Today we had to go to downtown Ottawa for my gastroenterology appointment. I have two problems - acid reflux disease and irritable bowel syndrome. The appointment was a consult to see if I needed a colonoscopy. The last one I had was 2004. We chatted for a while and I showed him the Renew Life products that I take for IBS and told him I seem to do well on these plant based products so he said in his opinion I didn't need a colonoscopy unless I wanted one. DUH! Who is actually going to say they want one if their doctor says they don't need it? I am extremely happy about that. Gordon drove me and went and parked on a side street where parking is free. Parking in downtown Ottawa is more expensive than buying a new truck. Well, maybe not quite but you get the idea.

Anyway, here are some photos that I took of downtown Ottawa from the truck.

Going north on Metcalfe Street toward Parliament Hill

Parliament

The Peace Tower

West Block of the Parliament Buildings

Going west on Wellington Street - this is the street that runs in front of the Parliament Buildings

Supreme Court Building

South on Lyon Street-when I first came to Ottawa in 1971 (well, actually my second time returning to Ottawa, the first time was in 1966) I lived in this area. At that time these high rise buildings weren't here.



Sorry the photos are so dark, it was that kind of morning!

They had closed the freeway going from where we are in to Ottawa this morning at one spot due to a fatality that occurred at 4:30 a.m. so we took some back roads (the scenic route) to downtown. When we came back on the freeway, it was just reopening and it had started raining while I was in the doctor's office.

I have a couple more medical appointments and a dental appointment booked over the next week.

After lunch, I went in to town to do some photocopying. I also needed to find new microwave bulbs and get some groceries. It rained most of the time I was gone and was quite windy.

With all that accomplished I returned home to nap.

5 comments:

  1. Cool pictures of downtown! We have had rain here also for so many days. Cannot get anything done so just have to set inside all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures Sandra. So glad you don't have to have the colonoscopy. Unfortunately I have to have one every 3 years and of course stress as the time gets closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ottawa looks like a beautiful city. Thanks for the pictures.

    Dontcha love being able to tape a nap during the day? It's one of the best things about being retired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for the pictures now we don't have to visit Ottawa as we go by this summer!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of Ottawa! It's great your not getting snow, just rain. Congrats on no Colonoscopy, they're nasty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.