Sunday 1 March 2009

Laundry and Visiting

It was 40F (4C) but bright and sunny this morning when I got up at 7:30 a.m. Brrrr! A few weeks ago I wouldn't have thought that was cold for a morning temperature but after the warm weather we've had it sure feels cold! I walked to the Presidio La Bahia this morning on the paved pathway that runs through the park. It's not far at all. I was able to make it there and back and take a few photos in under 1/2 hour.

Paved path I took this morning

San Antonio River from the bridge on SR183

The top of the Presidio La Bahia - it wasn't a good time of day to take photos there

Lots of vultures flying around on my way back to the campground

After breakfast I got the laundry ready and took it in to the laundromat. My thinking was everyone would be getting ready for or going to church. NOT! All available washers and dryers were being used. I say available because half of them are out of order. Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant experience but it's done now for another week or so.

I had lunch when I returned from the laundromat then walked over to see if Glenn and Sylvia were around. Glenn was outside with the dogs and Sylvia came out and we chatted for a couple of hours. It was actually quite pleasant in the sun. They have a couple of woodpeckers that sit in their tree near their site so it was fun to watch them. They are heading for San Antonio tomorrow to have some service work done on their motorhome and we'll see them again in Kerrville later this week.

We did reach 72F (22C) today so it turned out quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.