Thursday 5 February 2009

Plans Foiled

When I got up at 7:30 a.m. it was already 57F (14C) and sunny. I had expected fog and cloud. Chalk up another one for the weather forecasters. Away I went to the forested area again for my walk. I met Gordon when I was almost there. Still no deer today. I walked around the complete Lantana Loop and stopped and watched the squirrels around the bird feeders. There's rarely any birds around this early in the morning at the feeders.

A pretty old tree - this is just the top part of it as it's very tall

This little squirrel stood up to take a look at me photographing him

Dewdrops on a flower


Gordon had told me yesterday that he was going to meet the pbase photographer he had been talking about at Jalisco's in Rockport for lunch. I thought I would have the day to myself and had planned a bunch of things to do however that's where my plan got foiled. Turns out Tom was bringing his wife, Miriam along so I got ready and went to lunch as well. We haven't been in a restaurant for ages, usually just Taco Bell so it was a nice treat and the food was really good. Tom and Miriam are lovely people from Spokane, WA and we spent an enjoyable 1 1/2 hours or so chatting with them.

Pretty tile on the outside of Jalisco's restaurant in Rockport

At lunch - Miriam, Tom and Gordon

We parted company and Gordon and I drove around Rockport a bit to our favourite birding spots.

Fluffy clouds over the Rockport harbour

Black skimmers in Little Bay at Rockport


It was a lovely sunny day with some cloudy periods and a high of 72F (22C).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.