Friday 20 February 2009

Laundry, Groceries, Corpus Christi

Low-64F (18C)
High-70F (21C)

It was a decent day today. We had a bit of sunshine, a bit of cloud and a bit of wind but not much of any of it. I had my beach walk this morning as usual.

You find some unusual stuff on the beach


Portuguese Man O'War

After breakfast I changed the bed and got the laundry ready. Then in to Port Aransas to the laundromat there. It's a nice clean laundromat, a bit on the expensive side at $2.00 for a regular load of wash but very nice with lots of carts, machines, dryers and tables for folding. They also have a book exchange so I took all my books in that I had read and picked up a few. I then stopped at the grocery store, filled up the water jugs and picked up a few items then headed home to have some lunch and a nap.

We decided to go in to Corpus Christi tonight so Gordon can take some photos so we headed over to the dreaded campground showers to come clean (so to speak) and to spruce ourselves up a bit to go to 'the city'.

We left around 4 p.m. for Corpus, made a wrong turn so wound up at Indian Point Park at Portland. You can see the city skyline from there.

Skyline from Indian Point Park

Marina at sunset


Two years ago when we were here we went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner and I had Crawfish Etouffe. I loved it so we went back tonight so I could have it again. So far it hasn't bothered my reflux but the jury's out until tomorrow.

Joe's Crab Shack



My dinner- Half N Half Crawfish & Crawfish Etouffe


Our waiter, Ryan - note the cute saying on his shirt. All the waiters have different ones.

Some photos I took experimenting with my new camera. These are the first real night shots I've taken.


We had a fun evening! My camera took some fairly decent photos without a tripod. My Sony definitely wouldn't have been able to handle these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.