Thursday, 28 August 2008

Thursday in Toronto and Home to Lindsay

Note, I've now posted photos on yesterday's blog.

We got up around 8:00 a.m. and got stuff done around the apartment. We also managed to solve the Conde Nast Where Are You contest for September.

While I was at her condo I was taking photos of photos that she has around. All my old photos are at my stepson's house in Dayton, OH so I don't get to see them too often. Here are a few. Unfortunately taking a photo of a photo with my camera doesn't turn out very well.

Me with my doll, Sally Ann - note the hat!

This is Mom, Dad, Betty and I. Margie wasn't around yet. I'm the one with the gigantic bow in my hair.

This is a photo that Gordon had photographed, enlarged and framed for everyone in the family of our farmhouse where I lived for the first 17 years of my life.

This is one of the last photos taken professionally of Mom and Dad before Dad passed away in 1988.

She also has some really cute doll like figurines around that she's brought home from various places they've been that I thought were really cute. She has a lot of knicknacks, masks and things around her apartment that tell a story of all the travels she's been on.

Betty had a hair appointment at noon and she was dropping me at Bonnie's so we could go shopping so we arrived at her place at around 11:30 a.m. and Betty took off for the hairdresser. We took off for the Dixie Outlet Mall. First stop was for Bonnie to return something to Winners that she had bought. Second stop was for me to get some lunch. Since Bonnie had already eaten, she had an egg roll with me and I had Chinese food. I haven't had Chinese food since my Mom died in 2002. We always took her for Chinese. She loved it!

However, my main purpose was to buy some walking shoes. I got dressy shoes a couple of weeks ago in Peterborough but I can't walk in those for long period of time and soon I won't be able to wear my sandals and sneakers aren't always appropriate. The first store I went into was Naturalizer. I put on a pair and they fit like a glove and were really comfortable so we put the in a spot where someone wouldn't look for that pair of shoes and looked through the rest of the mall. I didn't see another pair that fit so well so back we went and I bought them.

Back to Betty's hairdresser and she was ready. It had started to rain when we came out of the Dixie Mall. So we said good-bye to Bonnie and started the trek home. It rained all through Toronto but once we got far enough north we had some clear periods and only light sprinkles in Lindsay. We arrived home around 4:30 p.m., again tired! I should sleep tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Gee, Sandra, I thought I had those shoes well hidden too, but you found them.
    Lovely pictures. Thank you.
    Happy Trails, Penny


Thank you for leaving a comment.