Monday 28 July 2008

Errands and Standing in Line

Today started off as being a nice day but late this afternoon we got some rain. We'd actually gone a couple of days without rain. Amazing!

I've been putting off going out for groceries and doing some errands and today I couldn't put it off any longer so left around 10 a.m. I didn't get back till nearly 2 p.m. and I didn't even stop for lunch!

I stood in line twice at Walmart to get some photos processed. They really need more machines but I'm told they don't have room for any more at that store. There were only two in line this morning but I decided to go to the grocery store to see if they had a line up. Their machine wasn't able to print 4x6 photos today so I continued on with my errands thinking I'd find somewhere else to get it done but everywhere I stopped either had to send out for the photos or didn't have a machine at all. So back to Walmart. Now there were 6 people in line and I think one guy was processing every photo that he's ever taken. I was in line for about 1/2 hour. The lady in front of me had never done it before so I helped her until it was my turn. All that and I only wanted to process two photos! Oh well, I'm retired, I've got nothing else to do, right?

At least I know now that I can upload the photo to Walmart's web site and then just go in and pick it up. Saves all that hassle!

3 comments:

  1. I use snapfish. Download to them, they process and it's back to you in a couple days. Anysize as long as it's a good quality. We've had 8x10 done from weddings that look fabulous. www.snapfish.com. It's only a few pennies. If you're in a real hurry, it won't work for you.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    Nice to hear from you! I hope you're enjoying the summer up here. It's been rainy but sunny every day as well, which has been strangely nice. We're going RVing in a few days, heading east all the way to Newfoundland. We're so excited!

    I hope you continue to enjoy the summer. I flipped back to look at all your pictures- so many beautiful scenes from the natural world! You've got a great eye there (or Gordon does!)

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Wally World deal sounds good. You load it up on their web site and they make the prints and you pick them up??? Now that sounds good. I will have to look into that

    Speedy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.