Monday 17 December 2007

A Day of Goodbyes

Yeah! I'm over 10,000 hits and it's not even the end of the year!

I managed to do quite a walk around the park this morning. It was a beautiful sunny morning and turned into a gorgeous day with highs around 70F (21C).

Ellie and Jim and the puppies came over around 10:00 a.m. when they were ready to leave to say good-bye. I walked back with them and took some photos of them as they were leaving. I was sad to see them leave. We'd only spent a few hours together but they are really nice folks. I'm sure we'll run across each other again in our travels. They also really like the Rockport, TX area. Sure hope so!

Mr. Bo Jangles and Jasmine come to say good-bye.

And away they go!


After they left we got ready and went into town. Gordon's shoes had worn out and he badly needed new ones so we stopped at Walmart to see if they had anything before going to Payless where he had seen some that he liked a week or so ago. Walmart had a pair which he bought so we wound up staying there, getting our hair cut there and then picking up groceries. We had lunch at the Taco Bell which is right in front of Walmart, then stopped at Food City to get water and rutabaga which this Walmart never has. I feel another stew coming up shortly! On our way back to the RV, Gordon's old shoes went into the dumpster!

My haircut, not new but shorter.


When we got back I wrapped my foot again as I think I probably did too much today and elevated it for while. I received an email from my sister telling me that they had 18.5 in. (47 cm) of snow yesterday. YUK!

She also told me that a former coworker of mine had passed away. Somehow I had missed that. It's part of my morning ritual to check the obituaries in the Ottawa Citizen. I was shocked and saddened to hear that Breconridge's Director of IT had passed away. He was only 47 years old and a nice, nice person. He was one of the first people that I met when our Nortel group was purchased by BreconRidge in 2002. So goodbye Dan, may you rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.