Wednesday 19 December 2007

Another Day of Not Much

Wow! I'm impressed! I got a comment this morning from the webmaster at the Desert Museum on my centipede photo. To see it, click here.

It was sunny but cold this morning so I decided to forego my walk again so went directly to my computer instead. I did manage to walk to the dumpster this morning and then stood outside talking to neighbors, Hank (on our left side) and Nellie (on our right side). Nellie and her husband are from the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia and Hank is from Texas but is here in Arizona for a year. His wife manages nursing homes here.

I did a short walk in the desert. There's a few hundred feet on one trail that has little or no rocks in the path for a ways so I walked there and took some photos, yes, it's the same mountain, actually called Golden Gate Mountain.

Notice that the spines on this fishook cactus aren't red like they were just after it rained.

This little bush was almost brush a couple of weeks ago. See what a little rain can do.



This afternoon I lay down on the couch to read and fell asleep. I woke up about 2 hours later. Gordon had gone to the Desert Museum so I got a pot of stew ready while listening to Christmas music. It's really difficult down here to get in the Christmas spirit. I must add however that Christmas spirit was rarely big with me. Christmas has become far too commercialized for me. Gordon and I no longer buy gifts for each other. So we'll be spending a quiet Christmas Day here in Tucson. But here's a photo that my niece, Danica took this weekend of their yard in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.


Gordon got back from the Desert Museum shortly after 5:00 p.m. He had been at the cat show and was amazed at how well trained the bobcats were. He will probably have photos at www.pbase.com/merriwolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.