Friday 31 August 2007

On the Upswing?

These sunflowers caught my eye this morning while I was out walking

Well, I'm happy to say that I feel somewhat better today. I can talk although my voice is still gravelly and my cough seems to be better. My head is still stuffed up but not as bad as it was yesterday. Unfortunately my husband now has it which was inevitable living in this small space.

For the first time in over a month, I went for a walk around the campground and a little ways on the road this morning. I took my camera as I wasn't planning on doing any power walking and was able to get some nice photos of the mist on the Scugog River.

This morning and part of the afternoon I sat outside and finished my Stephen White book, Dry Ice. Another good book by Stephen White. He's one of the authors that I like. It was a beautiful sunny day with no humidity at all and temperature around 24C (75F).

It seems when I'm sitting down my head gets stuffed up so I decided to go into town and pick up some groceries so I spent a couple of hours wandering around stores in Lindsay which increased our total spent for this month. This is the first month since we've been in Ontario that we've come even close to $3000 for the month. While that isn't a fixed budget, I'd like it to be. September will be much worse as we will have prescriptions to buy for 6 months as well as travel medical insurance.

August Expenses

Campground - $596.10
Groceries/Wine - $473.31
Laundry - $29.75
Entertainment/Parking/Restaurants - $73.67
Truck Fuel - $194.11
Propane - $0.00
Repairs& Misc RV/Truck - $928.30
Internet/TV/Cell/Insurance (Fixed Exp) - $379.33
Medical/Dental - $146.26
Gifts & Misc. - $417.61

Totals - $3238.44

Considering the amount we spent on the RV this month getting the new sewer hose system and having the head of the bed raised I think our overall total isn't all that bad. We also had a couple of computer purchases, one being the XP software for my new MacBook and a new battery for Gordon's computer. Other than those items it wasn't a bad month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.