Friday 11 May 2007

More Housekeeping

It was sunny and 70F when I went for my walk, later than usual this morning. Yesterday when I walked before 8:00 a.m. there was lots of traffic so I waited till 8:45 this morning and it gave me an extra ½ hour or so to sleep in.

Sun rapidly changed to cloud however I had decided to go into Carleton Place to do laundry today so it didn’t matter. Carleton Place has the cleanest Laundromat I’ve ever been in and I’ve been in quite a few in the last couple of years. One of the managers came in this morning and I complimented him. They also have three couches instead of plastic chairs to sit in. There are no ‘Out of Order’ signs and either Terry or Kelly are in and out several times during the day.

After laundry I stopped to fill our water bottles at Home Hardware. It is apparently the only place in Carleton Place to fill water bottles. However, you can buy water in gallon jugs for the same price so I think I’ll just buy them rather than refilling. When you can refill for a quarter or so in the U.S., it’s worth it but it seems the farther north you go, the more expensive water is – almost $1.00 per gallon/4 litres here.

Two grocery stores later, I was home. I had washed the balloon curtains in our bedroom and that took a while to get them back up, unpacking laundry, unpacking groceries. Too much like work!

No photos today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.