Thursday 15 February 2007

We Have a New Microwave!

The wind in the palm(s) at Rockport

Driving through the live oaks at Lamar

Late afternoon sun in the live oaks at Lamar

I was up before 6:00 a.m. today having been awake since about 4:00 a.m. I don’t know if it was because I knew we had to be at Camping Clinic for 8:00 a.m. or if it was because I heard the rain start. It was 32F (0C)! Gordon had unhooked the water around 5:00 a.m.

We got our new microwave installed and were headed back to Fulton Oaks RV Park by 9:50 a.m. having cost us only an hour’s labor. We were set up again by 11:15 a.m. and headed to Taco Bell for a celebration lunch. We then drove around the Bay in town but although the sun was now shining brightly, most of the birds had elected to find a warmer spot so we headed back to the RV and had a nap. I had a horrible dream. I dreamed that State Farm Claims in Texas needed help and I went in to help them. For those of you that don’t know I spent 26 years as a Claims Adjuster at State Farm in Ottawa and hated pretty much every second of it!

After I woke up from my nap, I took my morning walk since I hadn’t taken it this morning. Again, nothing to see except a cardinal and the guinea hens that we saw a couple of weeks back.

Late this afternoon we took a trip over to Lamar and Goose Island State Park but again although the sun was shining brightly there wasn’t much around but it was a nice drive. The high today was 50F (10C).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.