Monday 13 March 2006

WHAT THE……?

Snow on palm trees

Looks like a winter sky and snow on the cactus

Snow at Jackrabbit Gulch

Snow on the truck

This morning I got up to……SNOW! What’s going on here? I thought the snow was supposed to be at elevations over 5000 ft. We’re at 4093 ft. Anyway, we did indeed have snow this morning but it did melt quite quickly. Some snow fell off the back of the RV this morning when it was melting and scared the bejeemies out of the dog.

Regardless of the snow and cold, Bib and I did go for our usual walks this morning. I bundled up with several layers of clothes and Bib went au naturale.

We also had problems with the internet satellite. There was a lot of cloud and apparently the wind shifted the dish a bit overnight so Gordon had to repoint it. When he went out he noticed that the rain had loosened the ground stake, lucky we had the gas can filled with water on it or if might have fallen over. After repointing, it’s working fine.

The temperature didn’t rise much today, at 11:00 a.m. it was still only 39F but I had to go out to get groceries and water. After that little job was done, I came back and took Bib for a walk and they lay down on the couch in the sun to read and of course, fell asleep.

At 3:30 p.m. it was still only 49F although it was quite warm in the sun. There was still quite a breeze when I went for my afternoon walk.

Tonight we had leftover chicken cacciatore and then settled in for a night of TV – my favorite night with Desperate Housewives and Gray’s Anatomy.

Photos are from this morning’s snow aftermath. It’s funny to see snow on cactus and palm trees!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra,
    Snow? We've had a reversal of the weather fortunes here, and it's been over 10C for the last three days, albeit too rainy for my liking this morning. I loved scrolling back and looking at all your pictures- they are wonderful.

    Cheers,
    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I love your pictures, Sandra. This is an oddity indeed with the snow on palm trees! I see you are a fellow Desperate Housewives fan - we never miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desperate Housewives, Lost, House, Ghost Whisperer and Gray's Anatomy are my favourites.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.