Friday 17 March 2006

Happy St Patricks Day!

Edward Jones office

Giant Roadrunner Replica


Beautiful Southwestern Architecture


It’s turned cloudy today but the good news is that it was 57F when I got up to walk this morning. I walked around the area, there are some restaurants and shops near here and they are quite interesting. The doors and window trim have been aged. I took a photo of the Edward Jones office for Sandy. There is also a huge roadrunner in front of one of the restaurants that I photographed. Then I crossed the street into a residential area and took photos of some of the houses. We both love the southwestern architecture!

Bib didn’t want to go out this morning. Not sure what he’s afraid of here although there is some construction going on across the street. Eventually Gordon caught him and we took him out.

Gordon got an email from a full time RVer that we met in Wawa last year. They are in Las Cruces today and are heading over to White Sands and then leaving tomorrow. If they get back from Alamogordo in time we might get together tonight, otherwise we’ll probably see them on the road again. Unfortunately that didn't work out but I'm sure we'll meet again down the road.

After lunch, Gordon really needed a haircut and I wanted to check out the Mesilla Mall, the only large mall in Las Cruces so we headed over there. The anchor stores are-Sears, Dillards, JC Penney and Barnes & Noble. The only thing I bought was some BioSilk for my hair. It’s been so dry the last few months that this stuff has been a lifesaver. I started using it about five years ago but probably didn’t really need it till I got here. It’s a great detangler too! On our way back we took University Ave all the way to the end just to see where it goes and it comes out just south of Old Mesilla not far from where we’re parked. So we got home about 2:30 p.m. My back was very tired so I lay down to read and took a nap. I did wear a green T-shirt today even though I’m not really Irish!

The photos today are of the Edward Jones office with it’s blue door and window trim, a giant replica of a roadrunner and a beautiful house just across the way from us in the residential area where I was this morning.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment.