Saturday 25 June 2011

A Day in Ottawa

Today was a busy day. We started out at tai chi but left at break time. Dee and Jim came over about 12:30 pm and we headed for Ottawa. We made a few stops to pick up some things but our first scenic spot was Andrew Hayden Park.

Keeley Falls with a Japanese Lilac beside it

Sailboats on the Ottawa River

Little lighthouse


From there we stopped at Hog's Back Falls.




This is a pirate tour boat


Then on to my sister's place. My nephew and godson, Nicholas turned 26 today! He has grown into a fine young man, husband and father.

Happy Birthday Nick!


Here are some photos of his son, Jack.

Sandra & Jack

This is one photo of Jack I managed without red eye!

Great Uncle Gordon and Jack
 And here's a picture I painted a few years back. When we sold the house to go fulltime RVing, I gave it to my sister.



After a visit there we drove downtown via the Ottawa River Parkway, saw the Parliament Buildings (I'll leave the photos of these things to Dee as I didn't take any photos) then across into the province of Quebec to see the Museum of Civilization, back into Ottawa where we took the scenic route down Elgin Street where Gordon and I often used to go for breakfast on Sunday mornings.

We took the Driveway back to the west, through the Experimental Farm to Merivale Road where we had dinner at Swiss Chalet and from there south till we could pick up the freeway to get home.

It was a long day but Dee and Jim seemed to enjoy seeing Ottawa.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, Dee said how they loved Ottawa.
    You live in a very scenic area, I am so happy to see pictures of the places that I can't travel to any more. Thanks.
    You are all having such a good time.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely enjoy visiting Canada each summer! I always enjoy seeing your pictures on the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.