Sunday 31 October 2010

Saturday & Sunday October 30 & 31, 2010

Saturday

The threat of rain was in the air again as I set out for my morning walk but it stayed away until after I was back and had breakfast.

After breakfast, Gordon wanted to go out and look for movie DVDs so we went to the flea market on Victoria Street. I found a music CD (The Big Chill) and he found a video and we also got a dryer cover for outside. Ours is broken. From there we went to LW (formerly Liquidation World) where he got two more DVD videos so he should be set for a little while. We also stopped at the REAL Deal where I gave them my application to volunteer. The volunteer coordinator has her office there.

On our return we were going to stay in for the day as it was now raining however I was reading, got up and went in the bathroom and my wall border was coming down on one wall so I went out to get some wallpaper paste and put that back up. Hopefully that's not indicative of what's to come!

Sunday

We had some snow last night but it was gone by the time I got up this morning. Although it was cloudy and cold 1C (34F) there was no wind so it was nice for walking. I had gotten out my ice grips last night just in case but didn't need them.

This morning we went out to the local flea market. Nothing there that we liked better than our money!

We seem to go through bread like crazy here so I made another loaf this afternoon. Actually I'm drying parts of the ends of loaves to make stuffing. It makes yummy stuffing!

Well, we had 47 trick or treaters but we ran out of candy so turned the front light out. Next year I'll have more idea of what to expect.

2 comments:

  1. I can remember when my grandmother used to put the leftover biscuits into a bowl in the china cabinet to save for making dressing (stuffing to northerners). When I visited I would go sneak one out of the china, and everyone found it hard to believe that I liked stale biscuits, but they were great! Of course, nothing could come close to the ones fresh out of the oven, with fresh churned butter and homemade strawberry jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So using corn bread for stuffing didn't rub off on you while you traveled down south!
    Oops, maybe corn bread isn't on either of your diets.
    You got to meet some of your younger neighbors, great.

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.