Thursday 20 May 2010

Thursday May 20, 2010-Wednesday and Thursday

Yesterday we went on a search for an extension cord for the mower, a dehumidifier, a weed eater and something to cut up some tree limbs. We got the extension cord and the shears to cut up the tree limbs as Gordon had trimmed trees on the weekend and we have to take them to the compost site on Saturday.

Gordon mowed the yard and had just enough power cord to reach the far corners of the yard. He also got the new barbecue put together.

I was doing well with my shoulder till mid afternoon, then I had to break down and take a muscle relaxant. I hate feeling groggy all the time. I'm groggy enough as my natural self!

Today we were staying home to wait for our furniture delivery. They arrived around 9:45 a.m. We thought that the bedroom furniture would have to be assembled but it didn't. Gordon thought he would be putting it together for 2 days! They did set up the bed but we had to take it apart again to raise the head of the bed for my reflux disease. Most things were set up by lunch time except the bedroom as we had to go out and get some bricks to raise the head of the bed.

Gordon putting together the new coffee table


We have one problem with our TV stand/fireplace. To run the fireplace and have heat (which we certainly don't need now) we need 11 amps and the plug is 10 amp and is shared with others so we'll have to have an electrician in to fix that before winter.

After the bedroom got assembled, we started putting our clothes away in the cupboards.

Summer arrived today with a bit of humidity. It was 27C (81F) when we went out to the lumber yard.

I've done well today, I took 2 Tylenol this morning and no muscle relaxants although I think I'll need one to be able to sleep tonight but that's certainly better than the last few days. I think all that moving and carrying boxes wasn't helping.

We're ready to relax a bit now and enjoy our new stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Well it has been a while since I visited with you two. Sherri and I understand that you have a house now?? You will not be coming back to USA? Sherri and I have been traveling and working so much it does not leave us much time to read. I will have to go back and read your past post so we can get caught up wiht your lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.