Tuesday 5 May 2009

Our Tuesday

Happy Anniversary Laura & Steve! Just thought I'd drop that in. Congratulations on two years of wedded bliss! It doesn't seem that long since we drove down to Kitchener for the wedding.

I was up a bit earlier this morning as we had an appointment in Kanata (the opposite end of Ottawa to where we are) at 11 a.m. On our way out we saw a couple walking around the campground and they waived to us. I thought it must be David & Lise as I sort of recognized them from their blog. I got out of the truck and went and met them but it was a rushed meeting as we had to be off.

On our way to Kanata we stopped and picked up a prescription for Gordon for his blood pressure meds. He didn't have enough to last till we see the doctor on May 13th for our annual physicals.

Then on to Kanata where I dropped Gordon at our Macintosh computer guru's house. My computer needed a new battery and electric cable and Gordon needed to upgrade his ram. AWhile he was there I ran over to the mall to pick up a few things then went back to pick up Gordon. A good deal poorer, we were off to Food Basics for some groceries. We were running out of a few staples.

We then stopped to try to find the geocache but we had a truck load of groceries, cameras and computers so Gordon stayed around the truck while I set off. My first mistake was I started through the conservation area on the side of the road where the parking lot is even though I knew that the geocache I was looking for was on the other side of the road. The pathways were quite wet and I couldn't get to the road because of 1) a fence 2) a ditch of water 3) lots of trees. So I walked back to the parking lot and proceeded to walk along the road till I could find the entrance to get into the conservation area on the other side of the road which is also partially fenced. I had succeeded in doing that when my phone rang. My husband wanted to know how long I was going to be as he was bored. I walked a little further, checked Miss Pinky and saw I still had a long way to go so I decided to go back. This geocaching isn't for wimps! At this rate Ducky Love is never going to find a home in Ontario!

This duck was wandering around all alone

Path

Very wet path

I had to walk around a lot of these areas

So we headed for home, unpacked the groceries, got my computer hooked up to charge the new battery and then got to relax!

2 comments:

  1. Poor ducky isn't going far. lol Some areas are hard to get to. Hang in there, you'll get it placed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 pm

    Thanks for remembering ! Just got back from a quick long weekend away and it was great. Love reading your blog...keep up the great "work"! You sure you don't want to come back to claims-world ?? LOL

    Love
    Laura & Steve

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.