Sunday 15 March 2009

From Kerrville to Beaumont, Texas

I was up just after 6 a.m. today. We wanted to get an early start so I didn't go on my walk, just had my breakfast and got packed up. We pulled out of By the River RV Park at 8:40 a.m., 43F (6C), cloudy and some rain.

We had rain off and on throughout the trip but I have to say it was mostly 'on'. We even had some sun around San Antonio but mostly it was either cloudy or rainy and it rained very hard coming through Houston. Thank goodness it was a Sunday! We had a couple of minor backups but nothing that brought us to a standstill.

Rain in the Texas Hill Country

Some rare blue sky

The landscape is really greening up with the rain

We saw lots of bluebonnets along the road today

Houston skyline in the rain

Getting through Houston

More wildflowers


We arrived at Gulf Coast RV Resort around 3 p.m. and since they have wifi and cable didn't set up any dishes so we were all set up by about 3:30 p.m. even though it was raining. They have free TV and wifi and the wifi is pretty good! Then I had to vacuum as our rug at the door got really dirty going in and out when we were packing up. There is something to be said for concrete pads! We have them here although they are almost immersed in water. It seems that the last time we stayed here it rained very hard as well. By the time we were set up we were both wet to the skin!



We managed to see a high of 57F (14C) today. That's the warmest it's been since about Tuesday.

Our site

We're here, we're safe, we're tired and we're happy to be here!

3 comments:

  1. The picture taken while driving through Houston just makes me sure I never want to drive there! Too bad about all the rain.

    gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of reminds me of the song by BJ Thomas.....Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are safe and I'll keep you "in the loop" on the Roadrunner. Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.