Monday 1 September 2008

August Expenses and Labour Day at Home

August Expenses - a good month!

That's a pretty good total this month. We seem to do well in Lindsay, probably because my sister and her husband feed us so much! We had a final insurance bill from State Farm this month so our Fixed expenses should be a bit less next month. We also had an increase in our satellite TV but only $4 or so. Our Misc. category was pretty high with the renewal of Gordon's permanent resident card, buying some beads, my new shoes etc. We've only been driving from the campground to the cottage so the monthly total for fuel isn't half bad. Everywhere else I've been going with Betty and using her gas. Next month I'm sure will be much higher as we'll have several trips in to Ottawa from our campground in Carleton Place.

Today was a beautiful day. It was 11C (53F), bright and sunny when I got up this morning and went for my walk. By this afternoon the temperature had reached 31C (88F) but still bright and sunny and a very light breeze but not much humidity.

I spent my day reading, having a nap and making two necklaces. I made the one below to go with the T-shirt shown. I didn't put any pink in it even though there's pink in the shirt as it just didn't look right. Getting that last ring on and getting the beads tightened up is a real chore! Hopefully I'll get better at it as I go along.

This one I made to go with the celery green t-shirt that I have.

I also vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom and washed the floors. I firmed up our plans to arrive at Tranquil Acres in Carleton Place on September 8th and have an email confirmation from Dave and Shonagh saying they are expecting us. Gordon worked on getting all our photos backed up. We just had a nice day at home.

1 comment:

  1. What a great job on the necklaces. It's not easy putting on the clasp, you're doing great!!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.