Thursday 7 August 2008

Beautiful Rainbow, Restringing

Last night after dinner we had a storm and then this beautiful rainbow showed up. It was a full rainbow but unfortunately my camera's capabilities match my Photoshop capabilities therefore you only get part of the rainbow. If you want to see the whole rainbow, click here.


This morning I had to go back to the west end to pick up some corn wraps for Gordon. We've never been able to find them in the Lindsay area so we needed an extra package as this is what he uses instead of bread.

While I was there I took a necklace I've been trying to find out how to get fixed into the Sassy Bead Company which is in the same mall where I get the corn wraps. She told me I could restring it or leave it with them and they would do it for $10/hr. I told her I wanted to do it so she said to sit down and she'd get me a tray and some wire. I hadn't planned to do it there but thought if I did, I might actually get it done. So I sat down and she got me the equipment. It only took a couple of hours. I did all the restringing and she put the catch back on for me and it only cost me just under $10. Here's the necklace all back together again.

It's a nice place, good atmosphere. There were people coming in all the time picking out beads to string to make bracelets and necklaces. Lots of little girls and even one little boy arrived. His necklace had a snake on it, very cute. They have a Basic Beading course for $30 that I'd love to attend. Maybe when we get back to the area in September. If I want a course during the day I have to come up with three people to take it.

I got home just in time to take a nice nap before dinner. Around dinner time the storms started coming in although the rest of the day was quite nice.

Tomorrow is the day we're heading out of here at last - to the Kawartha Lakes district about 3 1/2 hours west of here.

3 comments:

  1. I know you don't know me and maybe you won't understand my blog, but I liked yours pretty much. And also.. I love rainbows :) Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job on the necklace! I would love to go to classes with you. That would be fun to do it with a friend.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am not a beader but I do like rainbows and I love to travel with you. Keep me entertained...

    Thanks

    Speedy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.