Wednesday 21 November 2007

Our First Day in Tucson (AZ)

We slept with the windows open last night. I can't remember the last time that happened. Granted early this morning I had to turn on my electric blanket but it was still great to have that option!

When I got up shortly after 7:00 a.m. it was already 50F (10C). Been a long time for that too! I walked around the park as well as around the park next door. Looks like I'll have to extend my walks into the desert in the mornings to get in my half hour walk/run. The park isn't that big.

I spent most of the day sitting outside reading and making a bracelet. Several times I walked down to the office area but no one was there. I couldn't get an answer on the phone either. Mid afternoon I walked down and finally someone was there so I paid up for a week - $77.00 - great price! I asked about getting mail and he said that was fine and we can also wash the RV! Now we just have to get the energy up to do that. He also said we could move to the back row backing on the desert if we wanted to. Things are pretty lax around here. I like it! I think we'll stay where we are for this week and maybe move back there next week. Sure would be nice to have this view from our window.

I went for a short walk in the desert this afternoon and took a couple of photos. One I think is a Gila Woodpecker. He was sitting on top of a saguaro cactus and didn't move as I walked all around the cactus trying to get a photo of him. Unfortunately the cactus was probably 20 feet tall so this is a cropped photo so it's not great!


It turned cloudy later this afternoon but we still had a bit of a sunset. I didn't go out to take any photos of it though.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra,
    I need an email address. specifically your blogger one, to send you an invitation to my writing blog. You can send it to anne.marie@halostatue.ca and I'll set it all up.

    Enjoy the warmth- we had the first snow dusting today.

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:30 pm

    Sandra,

    That campground looks very nice. Makes me wish I hadn't locked us into this one for a whole month.

    Look forward to meeting you when we get back.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.